Monday, February 21, 2011

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Title: Catching Fire
Author: Suzanne Collins
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Series: The Hunger Games
Series Number: Book Two
Page Amount: 391
Chapter Amount: 27
Release Date: September 1, 2009
Overall Rating: 10 out of 10

Warning:
This is the second book in the Hunger Games series. Although I do not intentionaly put spoilers, the following synopsis and review may contain spoilers to earlier books. Do not read unless you have read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.

Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.

Plot: The plot was very fast paced.. Okay, it was UBER fast paced! I loved the plot! It drew me in from page one! Again, like The Hunger Games, I got in trouble for reading when I was supposed to! So overall the plot was amazing! Enough said..

Characters: The characters have developed soo much since The Hunger Games. Not that I'm saying the characters were under developed in the last book, but they have gotten even better! I laughed, I cryed (a lot), I just overall loved the characters!

Creativitiy: Again, the creativity in this dystopian series is REALLY good. (like I said in my Hunger Games review) The world Suzanne Collins created was really thought out!

Writing: The writing in Catching Fire is just as good as it was in The Hunger Games. Maybe even better! I love Suzanne Collins writing and I think she just made me love it even more! I cannot see what she has got in hand for Mockingjay! 'Cause if her writing gets any better I will explode..

Ending: There was a HUGE cliffhanger at the end! My jaw just dropped. I didn't know what to say! You just don't expect what happens at the end of this book! And I loved it!

Cover: The cover, again, isn't the prettiest cover but it goes with the book so well, I love it anyways!

All in all: I LOVED CATCHING FIRE!! If you liked The Hunger Games you will NOT be dissapointed! Even if you didn't like The Hunger Games I will hunt you down you will love Catching Fire! So yeeeaaa, there is nothing left to say! Just, just, read this book/series and it is amazing you need to read it right now!

First Sentence: I clasp the flask between my hands even though the warmth from the tea has long since leached into the frozen air.

Toxxic Rainbowz ಠ_ಠ

No comments:

Post a Comment