Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Title: The Hunger Games
Author: Suzanne Collins
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Series: The Hunger Games
Series Number: Book One
Page Amount: 374
Chapter Amount: 27
Release Date: October 1, 2008
Overall Rating: 10 out of 10

In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV.

Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister's place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before--and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that weigh survival against humanity and life against love.


Plot: Wow, where can I start? The. Plot. Is... AMAZING!! It was VERY fast paced and I got in trouble constintly for reading when I wasn't supposed to! I cryed, I laughed, I just couldn't take my eyes from the pages! I LOVE THIS PLOT!! Enough said.

Characters: The characters where so relatable. Katniss is probably my new favorite female character out of all the books I read. She is just a strong, smart, female character! Peeta was cute and some of the comments he made lightened the book a little bit. The other characters where awesome too! I cryed a LOT because of characters.. And I love that because that means I'm REALLY connected to the characters.

Creativity: This probably my new favorite dystopian novel. The world that Suzanne Collins created is very well thought out. All of the districts, the captial, and Panem itself! There's definitly nothing wrong with the creativity.

Writing: The writing just flowed and is one of the reasons why I love this book! Some people have a problem with the writing in this book, but to tell you the truth, I don't see anything wrong with the writing.

Ending: The ending was full of twists and turns and when It finally ends, your left with a cliff hanger. But not a huge one that leave you pulling your hair out! So the ending is really good in my standards

Cover: The cover isn't the prettiest cover, but once you read it you'll see that the cover plays a HUGE part in the book. And I like that about the cover. So the cover is pretty good.

All in all: Overall this is an AMAZING book! This honestly my new favorite book. Every aspect of this I loved! Definitly pick this up if you haven't already! You will NOT be dissapointed!

First Sentence: When I wake up, the other side of the bed is cold.

Toxxic Rainbowz

No comments:

Post a Comment