Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Chosen by P.C. Cast + Kristin Cast

Title: Chosen
Author: P.C. Cast + Kristin Cast
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Series: House of Night
Series Number: Book Three
Page Amount: 307
Chapter Amount: 27
Release Date: March 4, 2008
Overall Rating: 9 out of 10 stars

Warning:
This is the third book in the House of Night series. Although I do not intentionaly put spoilers, the following synopsis and review may contain spoilers to earlier books. Do not read unless you have read Marked and Betrayed by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast.

Bloodlust and dark forces are at work at the House of Night, and fledgling vampyre Zoey Redbird’s adventures at the school take a mysterious turn. Those who appear to be friends are turning out to be enemies. And, oddly enough, sworn enemies are also turning into friends. So begins the gripping third installment of this “highly addictive series” (Romantic Times), in which Zoey’s mettle will be tested like never before. Her best friend, Stevie Rae, is undead and struggling to maintain a grip on her humanity. Zoey doesn’t have a clue how to help her, but she does know that anything she and Stevie Rae discover must be kept secret from everyone else at the House of Night, where trust has become a rare commodity. Speaking of rare, Zoey finds herself in the very unexpected and rare position of having three boyfriends. Mix a little bloodlust into the equation and the situation has the potential to spell social disaster. Just when it seems things couldn’t get any tougher, vampyres start turning up dead. Really dead. But, as Zoey and her friends find out, things are not always what they seem...

Plot: The plot was fast paced and kept me reading. But at times it did get slow, so slow at times I literly had to force myself to read it! I did, though, love the events in this book. It surprised you all the time, some of the events you did NOT expect to happen. Overall a pretty good plot.

Characters: I loved the characters in this book as much as I did in the other books. Except for one. Lets just say this character changed in a way I DID NOT like, at all. Its not the usual 'good character goes bad and now everybody hates them' kinda thing. Some people may not mind but lets just say (again) didn't. So besides that one character I liked all the characters.

Creativity: (For the third time in a row XD) I love House of Night vampyres. They are very different than any other types of vampyres. Again great vampyres, great creativity.

Writing: The writing still as good as in Betrayed and that's good. The writing isn't horrible in any way. Lets just say there are better writers out there.

Ending: HUGE cliffhanger again!  I neeed to read Untamed right now! So great cliffhangery ending.

Cover: Cover is beautiful as always.

All in all: great third book to the amazing House of Night Series. I was scared since there had been such negative reviews but I loved this book and it is way better, in my opinion, than what people give it credit for. If you loved the first two books than you will hopefully love Chosen. Better than Marked, but not quite as good as Betrayed.

First Sentence: "Yep, I have a seriously sucky birthday," I told my cat, Nala.

Toxxic Rainbowz

No comments:

Post a Comment