Thursday, January 6, 2011

Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead

Title: Last Sacrifice
Author: Richelle Mead
Publisher: Penguin Group
Series: Vampire Academy
Series Number: Book Six
Page Amount: 594
Chapter Amount: 36
Release Date: December 7, 2010
Overall Rating: 10 out of 10 stars

Warning:
This is the sixth book in the Vampire Academy series. Although I do not intentionaly put spoilers, the following synopsis and review may contain spoilers to earlier books. Do not read unless you have read Vampire Academy, Frostbite, Shadow Kiss, Blood Promise, and Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead.


IT ALL COMES DOWN TO NOW.
Murder. Love. Jealousy. And the ultimate sacrifice.
Rose Hathaway has always played by her own rules. She broke the law when she ran away from St. Vladimir's Academy with her best friend and last surviving Dragomir princess, Lissa. She broke the law when she fell in love with her gorgeous, off-limits instructor, Dimitri. And she dared to defy Queen Tatiana, leader of the Moroi world, risking her life and reputation to protect generations of dhampir guardian to come.
Now the law has finally caught up with Rose – for a crime she didn't even commit. She's in prison for the highest offense imaginable: the assassination of a monarch. She'll need help from both Dimitri and Adrian to find the one living person who can stall her execution and force the Moroi elite to acknowledge a shocking new candidate for the royal throne: Vasilisa Dragomir.
But the clock on Rose's life is running out. Rose knows in her heart the world of the dead wants her back... and this she is truly out of second chances. The big question is, when your whole life is about saving others, who will save you?

Plot: The plot was REALLY good. Just one part was kind of slow. Other than that I couldn't put the book down everytime I read this book. Just like all of the other Vampire Academy books.

Characters: The characters have evolved a lot. And I loved the characters even more! (if thats even possible) Especially the main character. I've always loved her but now shes just awesome! But now lets just say that a character went bad and you don't expect it and I was definitely shocked.

Creativity: I love the vampires in the Vampire Academy series. They are different than other vampires in other books. One thing I like is that the main theme IS NOT blood. It was more focused on the action and not gore. Thats one thing that makes me love the Vampire Academy Series. ^___^

Writing: I think Richelle Mead is a GREAT author. Her writing is soo powerful. You can tell shes been doing this for awhile. Definitely nothing wrong with the writing here

Ending: The ending was so sweet. I hate it when they leave a bunch of questions unanswered at the end of a series but this book no such thing. It was a really cute happily ever after ending.

Cover: The Cover isn't the prettiest cover ever but it goes with the story so I like the cover.

All in all: GREAT BOOK! The VA series is my favorite series and Last Sacrifice didn't dissapoint. But I am sad that the series had to end. Great ending to this series. This probably the best book to start my challenge with. This is my new favorite book!

First Sentence: I don't like cages.

Toxxic Rainbowz

No comments:

Post a Comment